Friday, April 11, 2008

The Gods are Aligning

Well, we leave for the jungle tomorrow. And it seems as if the Gods are aligning to make getting to Costa Rica quite difficult. But we are unshaken, as she coughs, sniffles, and sneezes all at once. Kate has come down with a double ear infection with which there is assuredly great fun in flying in store for us. I have awoken several nights this week with the cold sweats as I think back to our last flight with Kate. Kate got so bad, screaming hysterically, that a 6 year old in front of her told her to "get a hold of herself." It was such a terrible flight that Pete and I have still yet to talk about it. So, if you hear anything in the news about a flight being diverted due to an almost 3 year old's screaming, you'll know that our flight didn't go so well. Secondly, I have been quite resilient, able to withstand the influx of viruses that have entered our home, but I did not get away this time. I am miserable with some sort of horrible, flu-like virus. How fun-I really feel like lying on the beach and traveling with an afflicted toddler. And lastly, we're flying American Airlines. We'll just leave it at that. Hope to post pictures of our "dream get away" in a week.....

No comments: